Las Vegas Slip and Fall Attorneys
Falling on an unsafe surface can cause a lot of pain, and your injury might be much worse than you initially believe.
Certain slip and fall accidents cause enough bodily harm to require extensive medical attention and may keep the victim from their everyday lives for a long time. If you are hurt in a slip and fall, your accident may be due to someone neglecting their obligation to take reasonable and necessary safety precautions. However, you don’t have to suffer needlessly, and with skilled legal help, you can recover what you need to get better and get your life back on track. Paul Padda Law is made up of highly- experienced Las Vegas slip and fall attorneys, who have helped many injured clients secure the damages they deserve. Our Las Vegas premises liability lawyers know how to succeed in these cases and what it takes to obtain fair compensation for the innocent victims of these terrible accidents.
At Paul Padda Law, our team makes sure to fully understand what our clients are going through, what they need, and will aggressively seek to recover everything they deserve. To speak with one of our skilled slip and fall attorneys, call Paul Padda Law today at (702) 366-1888 or via our online form . We offer free, initial consultations and handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning there are no up-front costs involved. We only get paid when you receive compensation.
Premises Liability Accidents
Negligence Can Result In Devastating Slip And Fall Accidents
Some of the worst slip and fall cases occur when the victim is completely caught off guard by a dangerous condition in their path. While we don’t expect every stair or walkway to be perfect, we do expect people to prevent needless dangers. Specifically, under the law, when we enter properties, the owners and proprietors must take reasonable measures to make sure that the area is safe. If they fail to do so, the courts allow injured parties to seek damages for the harm they incurred.
As skilled slip and fall lawyers, the team at Paul Padda Law understands there are countless ways for someone to fall and be hurt. We also know that securing appropriate slip and fall settlements often mean determining exactly what the negligent party allowed to happen that caused the victim’s injuries.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Stairs being installed unevenly, or with too low or high a step
- Carpet or other flooring coming loose
- Stair or ramps falling apart due to poor maintenance
- Slick walkways covered in substances such as water or sand
- Cables or wires being carelessly left on walkways
- Debris littering floors
The Injuries From A Slip And Fall Can Be Horrific
People often feel as though slip and falls are not very serious. However, slip and falls can result in devastating injuries, and it can take you months or years to recover. In many cases, the victims of a slip and fall do not ever fully recover from the physical harm done. This is likely because they did not seek the help they need from the beginning or treated the incident with little significance until it is too late. It’s also important to know that certain injuries or ailments from slip and falls might not show up right away, and may only become evident later.
As Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers with decades of experience, Paul Padda Law knows that a great variety of injuries can result from these accidents. Some of the most common slip and fall injuries include:
- Neck, back, and shoulder damage
- Damaged tissue or internal organs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Knee sprains, strains, or tears
- Broken or fractured bones
Steps to Take After Sustaining A Slip And Fall Injury
You could be walking confidently virtually anywhere, and then in an instant – slip and badly hurt yourself in a fall because someone else acted recklessly or neglected their responsibilities. Your first objective should be to make sure that you are in no further danger. If you fall while crossing a street or in a very busy pedestrian area, move to a safe spot as soon as possible.
Once you are in a safer position, there are several steps you should keep in mind if you are injured in a serious slip and fall.
- Contact emergency medical help as soon as possible if needed.
- Call a slip and fall attorney without delay. The sooner you contact an attorney, the easier they will be able to build a strong case for recovering the compensation you need.
- Take pictures of your injuries, and the scene of you fall if possible.
- Report your fall to the building owner or a manager at the business where it happened. Ask for a copy of any report they file.
- Do not sign anything or accept any offer without first speaking with your
- Write down everything you remember about your fall, and make a list of witnesses. Putting things on paper as soon as possible helps your memory later on, and it will be or great assistance to your attorney.
- Consistently follow through with your medical treatment for injuries sustained.
Once you receive a proper medical evaluation and any necessary treatment, the decision to speak with a capable and highly-skilled slip and fall injury lawyer cannot be overstated, By working with a legal professional early, you can learn your options and take important steps towards ensuring you fully recover. The right lawyer will be instrumental in making sure that the necessary evidence is gathered, studied, and your rights are aggressively defended.