Las Vegas Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured while riding a bicycle, preserve your rights and pursue what you need to recover.
Bicycles are very convenient for quickly getting from place to place, and many of us enjoy recreational riding throughout Nevada. However, there are thousands of bicycle injuries every year in the United States, and many hundreds of cyclists end up killed. You may be severely hurt if you were in a bicycle accident, and it can take months or years for you to heal. A Las Vegas bicycle accident attorney can help you through the process and can make sure that you recover the financial help that you need. Even though most serious bicycle wrecks involve cars, having a lawyer who only understands car accidents will not be enough during this difficult time. With comprehensive experience as auto accident attorneys, Paul Padda Law has helped many bicycle accident victims, and we know how these cases progress as well as what it takes to succeed.
To speak with a skilled and compassionate attorney about your bicycle accident, contact Paul Padda Law today. Call our Las Vegas office at (702) 366-1888 or submit the details of your bike accident through our online form. We offer free initial case consultations to discuss your legal options, and if we proceed with your case, there will be no up-front cost to you. We don’t get paid until we secure compensation on your behalf.
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
The Law Grants Bicyclists Rights When They Are On The Road
Many people are unaware of cyclists’ rights when they use Nevada roads. It’s important to know that you can use your bike on or next to public roads, and motor vehicle drivers must be considerate of your safety when they encounter you on your bike. Bike collisions with cars and trucks are unlike normal car accident cases, and your lawyer must have a complete understanding of how Nevada laws apply to cyclists. A skilled bicycle accident lawyer will review your collision with the knowledge that you can use roads as a cyclist just the same as you would if you were driving a motor vehicle. When it comes to the duties that car and truck drivers own cyclists they encounter on state roads, they must abide by Nevada Revised Statutes section 484B.270. This law requires motor vehicles to follow various rules when encountering a bicycle, including:
- Never pass or overtake a cyclist unless it can be done safely without endangering the rider
- Not to enter, stop, park, or drive in bicycle lanes
- Never interfere with the movement of someone who is lawfully riding a bicycle
- Use their horn when possible to provide an audible warning to avoid an accident
- Never enter or drive through an intersection while in a bike lane
Negligent Motor Vehicle Drivers Often Cause Devastating Accidents
From trails to busy roads, bicyclists have various options for riding around the Las Vegas area and throughout our state. But, you can, unfortunately, be hit by a car while on your bike in many different scenarios. To recover damages from the negligent party, your bicycle accident attorney will have to study all of the evidence in your collision and determine exactly what happened. Bike accidents can leave you or a loved one with injuries that include broken bones, torn ligaments, and damaged organs. It’s urgent that your lawyer understand how to take your case to a successful settlement or trial victory without any unnecessary delay.
When someone is driving a car or truck near a bicyclist, a small mistake or careless act on the motorist’s part could spell disaster. Of the many causes for car and bicycle collisions that Paul Padda Law has seen over the years, many involve:
- A driver failed to stop or yield at a sign or light
- A motorist making a left turn fails to yield to a bicyclist who is legally in either the oncoming lane or in an oncoming bike lane
- A motorist makes a right turn into a bicyclist
- A person opens a car door in front of a passing bike (a dooring accident)
- An intoxicated or drowsy driver fails to notice a bike, or fails to avoid contact even after seeking the cyclist
- A driver misjudges the speed or distance to a bike and sideswipes or rear-ends the cyclist
At Paul Padda Law, we’re more than your lawyers. We’re the allies you want to help set things right.
What To Do After A Bike Accident
Your injuries can be severe if you are in an accident while on your bike. Being hit by a car or truck can cause great harm, and many times people are unable to help themselves after these accidents. Our lawyers have seen numerous bike accidents, and we know that each case is different. If you find yourself in one of these serious wrecks, we encourage you to only focus on getting to safety and getting emergency medical help.
Steps to take after being in a bicycle accident include:
- Get yourself to a relatively safe location, which usually means getting off the roadway if you are physically able to do so.
- Call for emergency medical help to assist you and anyone who may be injured.
- Try and record all of the information about the vehicle that hit you. This includes car make and license plate info, as well as driver’s name and contact information.
- Don’t get into a negotiation with the driver, and don’t bother discussing blame.
- Make sure to give your side of the story to the police who respond.
- Speak with your bike accident attorney as soon as possible.
- Write down a list of everything that happened as soon as possible. Writing things down will help you better recall events later on.
- Take pictures of everything, including your injuries and the damage to your bike.
- Keep your bike, but don’t repair it without first speaking with your attorney.
- Be very much involved with your medical care, and ask your doctor how your injuries might affect your life going forward.
Paul Padda Law Can Help You After A Bicycle Accident
Cyclists can be tragically injured or even killed in a collision with a car or truck. Unfortunately, it’s very common for motorists to not properly share the road with bikes as they are required to do so by law. You will need a skilled Las Vegas bicycle accident attorney to help secure the compensation that you deserve from the negligent party. Paul Padda Law has helped several victims of horrible bike and motor vehicle accidents. We make sure to understand every detail of our clients’ cases so that we can help them secure every bit of financial relief and peace of mind that they deserve.
Contact Paul Padda Law to speak with a skilled and compassionate Las Vegas injury lawyer about your case, and how we can help you recover. Call us at (702) 366-1888 or reach out to us online to schedule a free, no-risk case consultation.