702-707-3000 Schedule Your Free Consultation Check My Case Status

Las Vegas Hit and Run Lawyer

If a driver fled the scene of your accident, call Paul Padda!

By working with an experienced hit and run accident lawyer, you improve your chance of covering your costs for the crash.

As a hit-and-run victim, you are placed in a tough position. Normally, when another person causes an accident and leaves you with property damage and injuries, that person’s insurance should compensate you. The driver’s policy should pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and the expenses associated with your injuries. But in your situation, there is no other driver, which means there is no other insurance policy. You have to determine a new route toward covering your expenses, which is where a Las Vegas car accident attorney with Paul Padda Law can help. Our experienced hit and run lawyers will thoroughly investigate your situation and determine your best next steps.

We are highly experienced in pursuing compensation for hit and run victims. To schedule a free consultation, you can contact us through our online form or by calling (702) 366-1888.


Nevada Prohibits Leaving the Scene of a Crash

Several Nevada laws require drivers to remain at the scene of the accident, exchange information, and when necessary, assist anyone who is hurt.

Nevada hit and run laws include:

  • Duty to Stop at Scene of Crash Involving Death or Personal Injury (NRS 484E.010): If any driver is involved in a crash that results in bodily injury or death, that driver must immediately stop their vehicle at the scene of the crash, or close to it, and must remain there until they have fulfilled all requirements under NRS 484E.030, which requires providing aid and information.
  • Duty to Stop at Scene of Crash Involving Damage to Vehicle or Property (NRS 484E.020): If any driver is involved in a crash that results in only damage to another vehicle or property, that driver must immediately stop their vehicle at the scene of the crash or move the vehicle out of the way of traffic, and provide information and aid, as required by law.
  • Duty to Give Information and Render Aid (NRS 484E.030): When a driver is involved in a crash resulting in property damage, personal injury, or death, that driver must 1) give their name, address, and vehicle registration number and, upon request, show their driver’s license to the other driver or injured party; 2) give such information and show their driver’s license to the police who arrive to investigate the crash; 3) provide to any person involved with reasonable assistance, including making arrangements for that person to receive medical attention.

If another driver causes an accident and then flees the scene immediately or only stays for a short period without fulfilling these basic legal requirements before leaving, then this is a hit-and-run car accident. The other driver’s actions are against the law and can be considered evidence of negligence.

Common Questions Regarding Hit and Run Accidents

These accidents are obviously unexpected, and at Paul Padda Law, we have found that many people have questions after a hit and run. These questions usually revolve around their hit and run injuries, vehicle repair, and their medical bills. Our hit and run accident attorneys are here to answer these questions, review your situation, and discuss the possibility of pursuing a hit and run claim.

Some of the most common questions we receive include:

  • Why Do Drivers Leave the Scene of an Accident? Drivers who flee the scene of a crash are often afraid of being arrested. The driver may know they do not have auto insurance or that they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Other issues may be that the person has an outstanding warrant for their arrest, they committed a crime, or that they are undocumented.
  • Should I Follow a Hit-and-Run Driver? No, you should never follow a driver who causes a crash and flees. This could put your safety at risk. Instead, call the police and report the accident. If possible, write down as much as you can remember about the other vehicle, such as make, model, color, or the license plate to tell the police.
  • Will the Police Catch the Hit-and-Run Driver? Whether or not the police can find the driver who hit you depends on the circumstances and the amount of evidence available. In some circumstances, the police find the responsible driver through evidence left at the scene or tips. However, if the police do not find out who caused the cash, you are not out of options. You should speak with a hit and run accident lawyer at Paul Padda Law about what to do next.
  • Will my Auto Insurance Company Pay a Hit and Run Settlement? Whether or not your insurer will cover the costs of the hit and run depends on the insurance policies you pay for. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you may file a first-party claim against this policy and seek compensation. Uninsured motorist coverage will typically cover your medical bills, and if a passenger was injured, their medical bills. Many uninsured motorist policies do not cover property damage, but this will depend on your exact policy. You also may have a different policy, such as collision coverage, that will cover repairing or replacing your vehicle.
  • Do I Have to Accept my Insurer’s Hit-and-Run Settlement? If your insurance claim is approved, your insurer will offer you an amount of compensation for your injuries. You are not required to accept this initial offer. In fact, you should speak with a hit and run lawyer first. By hiring an attorney, you have someone to carefully review your circumstances and calculate your damages. You will get a good sense of what your case is worth, which enables you to decide whether the insurer’s offer is fair or not. If it is too low, then you are entitled to negotiate a more appropriate sum.
  • Should I Hire a Hit and Run Attorney? Yes, if you are the victim of a hit and run accident, you should contact a lawyer who is highly experienced with hit and run cases. At Paul Padda Law, we handle all types of collisions, including rear-end hit and runs, sideswipe hit and runs, left and run turn hit and runs, and vehicle-pedestrian hit and runs. You may not be ready to hire an attorney, but you should at least speak to one about your options to help you decide. You can contact us online or call to schedule a free consultation.

Insurance Coverage for a Hit and Run

Unfortunately, insurance coverage for a hit-and-run accident is limited. If you have purchased only the legally required bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, then you do not have uninsured motorist or collision coverage. These are additional, separate policies that you must specifically purchase.

If you have purchased uninsured motorist coverage, then you have a policy that covers a hit and run accident. No driver is essentially the same as a driver without insurance. You can work with our hit and run accident lawyers at Paul Padda Law to pursue an insurance settlement under your own uninsured motorist policy.

Uninsured motorist coverage typically handles bodily injuries and not property damage. This means that even if you receive an insurance settlement for your injuries, you may still be covering the cost of repairing or replacing your car yourself. However, if you have collision insurance, you may have an avenue toward a property damage settlement. Collision coverage is intended to pay for the damage to your vehicle after a crash regardless of who is at fault.

Our hit and run lawyers at Paul Padda Law are here to investigate the crash, gather evidence on your behalf, and pursue your hit-and-run accident insurance claim. We will fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible under your relevant policies.

At Paul Padda Law, we’re more than your lawyers. We’re the allies you want to help set things right.

Contact Our Hit and Run Accident Lawyers Today

You may be panicking after a hit and run. Your car could be totaled, or you or a loved one may be facing severe injuries. We understand how frustrating and worrying this situation is, and we are here to help. Let us conduct an in-depth review of your situation and determine any possible avenues toward recovering compensation.

To talk with one of our hit and run attorneys, call Paul Padda Law at (702) 366-1888 or use our online form to request a free consultation.

Hit and Run Accident