Immigration Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV

While immigration is often the topic of heated national debates, it takes on a far more personal meaning for many people throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding Nevada area. Immigration issues have the potential to threaten your very way of life, including your relationships with family and friends, and your ability to work or provide for loved ones. At Paul Padda Law, our experienced Las Vegas immigration lawyer provides the aggressive legal representation you need to protect your rights in these situations. With the amount of confusion and complexity surrounding immigration laws and the arbitrary way in which decisions are made, you can trust our immigration lawyer to provide you with the professional legal guidance you need to make sure that you and your loved ones are protected.

Professional Legal Representation You Need In Immigration Related Matters

At Paul Padda Law, we are rated as a leader in the field for providing high quality, highly effective legal representation on immigration issues, which jeopardize the rights of clients and their loved ones to live and work in the United States. Our all star team of immigration lawyers and investigators is comprised of former federal prosecutors and law enforcement agents, all of whom are well versed in federal immigration laws. This experience has provided us with valuable insights into how immigration officials work, and how the procedures officials follow are applied in different situations.

Our Las Vegas immigration lawyer is respected by immigration officials and our contacts within the court system ensure you get the best possible results in your case. We fight to aggressively defend the rights of clients in the following types of immigration related matters:

Legal Paths to Living And Working in The United States

Rather than risking heavy penalties for being in the U.S. illegally, which may include criminal charges and deportation, there are several paths through which you may be approved to legally live and work in the United States. Unfortunately, all of the available options involve lengthy and complicated processes, which include selecting the appropriate category you file under, filing the appropriate documents and attendance at hearings. Any errors or mistakes on your part could result in time consuming and costly delays.

At Paul Padda Law, you can trust our years of experience and our legal knowledge in immigration matters to help you select the path that best suits your needs. Through meetings with our immigration lawyer and staff, we can guide you through the process, making sure all the requirements for obtaining legal status are fulfilled. Depending on your specific circumstances, options available for living and working in the U.S. legally include:

Obtain a Visa

Through the U.S. Department Of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, you may be able to obtain a temporary work visa allowing you to remain in the United States for a fixed period of time. Visa classifications include:

  • H-1B Visa, for those in specialty occupations, or H-1B1 for Free Trade Agreement professionals;
  • H-2A Visa, for temporary farm and agricultural workers, or an H-2B, which is for temporary workers in non-agricultural trades;
  • H-3 Visa, which are for employment trainees or special education visitors;
  • L Visa-for intracompany transferee
  • O Visa, for those with extraordinary abilities or achievements in the arts, education, business, science, or athletics fields, as well as for those who are nationally recognized in motion pictures or television.
  • P-1 Visa, which applies to an individual or team athlete or member of an entertainment group, P-2 Visa, which covers individuals or group artists and entertainers under reciprocal exchange programs, or a P-3 Visa, which is for individuals or group artists and entertainers here to teach, coach, or perform in an area that reflects a traditional ethnicity or is culturally unique; and
  • Q-1 Visa, for participant in international cultural exchange programs.

In addition to the above, there are visas which allow you to remain in the country permanently. A K1 visa, known as a fiancee visa, permits a foreign citizen to come to the U.S. for the purpose of marrying a citizen within the first 90 days or arrival. A T Visa is used for victims of human trafficking, while a U Visa may be obtained by victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault.

Obtain a Green Card

Through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you may be able to obtain a green card, also known as a Permanent Resident Card, which allows you to work and live in the United States for an indefinite period of time. You may be eligible to apply for a green card if you are currently in the U.S., provided you meet certain eligibility requirements. These requirements vary depending on the eligibility category you file under, which include:

  • Through family or marriage, if you are the immediate relative, fiancee, widower, or an abused spouse, child or parent of a U.S. citizen;
  • Through employment as an immigrant worker, investor, or as a physician, provided you practice in an underserved area;
  • Under special immigrant status, provided to people such as religious workers or employees of international organizations;
  • Through refugee or asylee status, if you were granted asylum or admitted to the U.S as a refugee at least one year ago;
  • Through status as a human trafficking or crime victim, if you are currently here on a T or U Visa;
  • Through other categories, such as those concerning abuse victims, Cuban nationals, diplomats, and their children;
  • Through registry, if you are eligible for a green card and have been continuously living in the U.S. since January 1, 1972.

Obtain US Citizenship or Naturalization

Under USCIS citizenship guidelines, you may apply for citizenship if you were born in the United States, or if both of your parents were U.S. citizens. Foreign citizens or nationals may apply to become a U.S. citizen through naturalization under the following circumstances:

  • If they have been in the U.S. for at least five years;
  • If they are the spouse of a U.S. citizen and have been in the U.S. at least three years;
  • Have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces;
  • If you are a child of a U.S. citizen born outside of the country.

Other requirements for naturalization generally include having a green card, completely and submitting the appropriate forms, passing background checks and fingerprinting, completing a naturalization interview, and being able to pass English and civics exams as part of naturalization testing.

Business Immigration Issues

In today’s business climate, your company is likely to be engaged on both a national and international level. Immigration issues can become a factor, whether you are dealing with management and employees, investors, or in making business deals here and abroad.

At Paul Padda Law, we can advise you on the best course of action to prevent aggressive immigration enforcement policies which could result in fines and criminal penalties, while robbing your business of valuable employees and partnerships you need to be successful. We can help ensure you are in compliance with Employment Eligibility Verification forms and processes, in addition to assisting you in obtaining employment based immigrant visas through the U.S. Department of State.  These may include:

  • Temporary B-1 Business Visas: For those participating in business or professional activities such as consulting, contract signings, conferences, and training.
  • E-1 Visa for Priority Workers: These apply to persons with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, business, education, or athletic fields, as well as to outstanding professors and researchers and multinational managers or executives. Must have an approved form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Foreign Worker, but do not require labor certification.
  • E-2 Visa for Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Those of Exceptional Ability: These must have job certification and employers must file a form I-140. Applies to workers holding a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and five years experience in the field, or for those with advanced degrees indicating uncommon abilities or knowledge in the sciences, arts, and businesses.
  • E-3 Visa for Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers: These apply to workers either with two years of experience, advanced degrees, or less than two years in their field. Must have job certification and Petition for Foreign Worker form.
  • E-4 Visa for Certain Special Workers: These apply to such people as international broadcasters, religious workers, Iraqi/Afghani translators, foreign documents, certain former U.S. government overseas workers, and family members.
  • E-5 Visa for Foreign Investors: These apply to foreign investors who make capital investments in U.S. companies that are designed to create jobs.

In addition to the above, USCIS foreign worker guidelines allow certain nonimmigrants to obtain temporary worker status for a variety of  purposes, including intracompany transfers, investing, and establishing new companies or territories.

Issues Impacting Your Immigration Eligibility

Inadmissibility applies to those who are prohibited from being admitted to or remaining in the United States. Under the Immigration and Nationality Act, there are certain grounds for inadmissibility, involving issues which could impact your eligibility as an immigrant. These include:

  • Inadmissibility due to health, which may involve those with a communicable disease, with mental or physical disorders associated with harmful behaviors, and those who are not current on required vaccines;
  • Inadmissibility due to criminal reasons, which includes committing a crime of moral turpitude, meaning one that is particularly vile or depraved, violating controlled substances laws, or committing multiple offenses;
  • Inadmissibility due to national security reasons, such as being associated with gangs or terrorist organizations;
  • Inadmissibility due to likelihood of becoming a public charge, meaning someone who is likely to become dependant on government support;
  • Inadmissibility due to lack of labor certification, which is required for certain types of work visas;
  • Inadmissibility due to fraud or misrepresentation, which may include falsifying documents, providing misleading information, or engaging in any deceptive practice when seeking legal immigrant status.

Other actions which could jeopardize your status as a legal immigrant include prior removals from the United States, entering or being in the country illegally, smuggling, and abusing a student visa. In any of these situations, you need the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney who can advise you on the steps you need to take to prevent deportation and other actions which could negatively impact you or your family members. At Paul Padda Law, we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of our client. We know that when the stakes are high, winning is your only option.

Our Legal Knowledge and Experience Immigration Lawyer Ensures You Get The Strongest Possible Immigration Defense  

At Paul Padda Law, our Las Vegas immigration lawyer understands what is at stake for you and your loved ones when immigration issues arise, and how severe the consequences of these situations can be. Whether you are currently in violation of immigration laws, have been notified of inadmissibility, or have received notice to appear before an immigration judge, it is important to act fast to prevent actions which could jeopardize not only your ability to remain in the country, but to return to it at some later date. Depending on the circumstances involved in your case, ways in our immigration lawyer may be able to help protect your immigration status while preventing deportation may include:

  • Obtaining a Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver: This may be an option for those who have an approved immediate relative petition and believe they may be inadmissible for up to ten years after departure as the result of accruing more than 180 days of unlawful presence.
  • Obtaining a Waiver of Inadmissibility: This may be an option if you are seeking review of your inadmissibility status while outside the United States in connection with your visa, or while still in the U.S. and seeking an adjustment in your status.
  • Applying for Cancellation of Removal and Adjustment of Status: Through the S. Department of Justice, you may be be able to have your removal cancelled if you have been a person of good moral character living continuously in the U.S. for a period of at least ten years and have no prior criminal charges.
  • Hardship Waivers: You may be eligible for suspension of your deportation if you have been living in the U.S. continuously for a period of seven years or more, have no criminal convictions, and your removal would result in extreme hardship for you or your spouse, child, or other family member.
  • Granting of Asylum or Refugee Status: You may be eligible to seek asylum or refugee status in the U.S. and avoid deportation if you face persecution in your own country due to your religion, political beliefs, race, nationality, or membership in a specific social group.
  • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): While DACA does not provide lawful status, it does allow children who were brought to the U.S. to receive a two year, renewable deferment of any deportation action. This helps avoid removal while allowing them to continue to live and work in the U.S.
  • Removal of Conditions on Green Card: If your permanent residence status is conditional based on a marriage that is less than two years old, you may be able to avoid the potential for deportation by petitioning to have these conditions removed. Once a removal action is initiated against you, you have the right to request a hearing to present evidence on how your marriage was not used as a way to avoid immigration laws and requirements.
  • Citizenship or Naturalization: Depending on your immigration status, any petitions currently filed and the requirements you meet, you may be able to get a stay to avoid deportation. This can allow you the time needed to obtain citizenship or go through the naturalization process.

In cases where there is no other option, it may be necessary to apply for a voluntary departure from the U.S., rather than be deported. Leaving without being forcibly removed allows you to return to the country through any port of entry at a future date while your case is being resolved.

No Problem Too Big or Small For Our Las Vegas Immigration Attorneys

Whether you are dealing with immigration related issues pertaining to yourself, your family members, or your business, or are facing the heartbreaking prospect of having your family torn apart due to deportation, Paul Padda Law is here to help. Our immigration lawyer acts as a strong legal advocate on behalf of our clients, offering the kind of top notch legal representation you need to protect your rights in any situation.

With a proven reputation for providing outstanding legal service and compassionate client care, we are consistently ranked as one of the leading immigration law firms in the Las Vegas area. Call or contact our Las Vegas immigration lawyer online today and request a free consultation to see how we can assist you. Proudly serving clients throughout Nevada, there is no problem too big or small that we can not help you with.

Request a Consultation

Please leave this field empty.

Auto Accident

Criminal Defense