Identity Theft Crimes
Top Rated Federal Identify Theft Defense Attorneys In Las Vegas, Reno And Los Angeles Ready To Defend Your Rights
Federal law, specifically 18 U.S.C. § 1028[https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1028#], makes it a crime to knowingly “transfer or use, without lawful authority, a means of identification of another person with the intent to commit, or to aid or abet, any unlawful activity.”
Identify theft is a serious crime and can, depending upon the circumstances, carry a mandatory minimum 2-year jail sentence. Common types of identity theft include the following:
- Internet Identity Theft: Using the internet to make fraudulent purchases in another person’s name.
- Credit Card Theft: Applying for a credit card under another person’s name or fraudulently accessing the credit card of another.
- Bank Identity Theft: Applying for a loan under another person’s name or fraudulently accessing another person’s bank account.
- Sale of Personal Information: Obtaining personal identification of other people, such as social security numbers, and then selling that information to another person for improper financial gain.
- Forgery Of A Signature: Executing the signature of another person to bind them to a financial obligation without their knowledge or approval.
If you’re being charged with identify theft, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney in your corner.
The legal team at The Federal Defenders, By Paul Padda Law can help!
We have the knowledgeable and experience to help you defend against charges of identity theft.
Strong Advocacy In Identity Theft Prosecutions Throughout The United States
- Drug Crimes
- Mail Fraud / Wire Fraud
- Money Laundering / Structuring
- Public Corruption
- Securities Fraud
- Tax Fraud
Put An All-Star Legal Team In Your Corner
Dealing with federal criminal charges can be super stressful. But with the right team in place, you can have the confidence that you will have your rights protected.
Whether you live in Las Vegas, Reno, Los Angeles or anywhere else in the United States, you need The Federal Defenders, By Paul Padda Law in your corner.
CALL TODAY AT (702) 707-2000 FOR A CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION